Sunday, January 5, 2014

A Poem I Wrote About A Friend



Re-Re
A passing encounter during the winter
Ethereal yet resonant.

Au printemps I made an inquiry out of curiosity,
And to my surprise you candidly extended
A part of your personality,
Allowing me insight into your intricate character
And from then on I considered you my friend.

October brought Humans Versus Zombies:
I was coerced into providing tactical information
Betraying you;
Out of regret I admitted to that maneuver
And upon being informed you accosted me –
I owned up to my mistake,
Leading to my talking to you more often –
Yet there I saw you from a fresher perspective.

A worksheet that stymied you
Prompting me to help you;
Both of us left later than the majority
Yet as we went to the next class,
I more fully appreciated your unique way of thinking,
Even though our conversation was just about Montreal and Germany.

An unexpected snowfall
Tossed everything into disarray
In a statement against finals week;
Notebooks placed haphazardly on the table I heard “how’s studying going?”
And was taken aback –
I was realized it was you and felt comforted,
As if you had that kind of power over the situation.

We exchanged ironic end-of-term goodbyes
And like a downpour dwindling to the slightest drizzle,
The intensity had reduced to a trace of itself.

Joy la lumière
Illuminating knowledge –
Awe-inspiring like a cherry blossom tree in bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment