Monday, August 18, 2014

Some new ideas for the blog

I wrote an analysis of Princess Mononoke with respect to disability and I intend to extend that analysis to other shows. This analysis will take a while because I hope to look at various shows, including the ef series, Kanon, Clannad/After Story, Kyoukai no Kanata, Buddy Complex, and others.

I also hope to write a post regarding ways to supplement traditional university learning with alternative methods. This article about implementing video games in a Norwegian high school 
and this other article involving supplementing the textbook in elementary, middle, and high school both are starting points. Another TED talk about gaming for understanding is also pertinent.  Lastly, this TED talk on using animation to test hypotheses seems pertinent to considering improving science education.

This third idea for a blog post is the most iffy and will require a lot of extra work but I was also thinking about writing about the benefits of playing video games. TED talks about the brain on video games and gaming can make a better work will also be instructive for me as I consider this topic.A video on the social implications of merging neuroscience and video game development is also potentially relevant.

If you wanted to see my original idea for tackling this subject (though it is more of a refutation of video games inherently causing violence) go here.

Another related post I made about video games regarding the article/TED talk "Demise of Guys" by Dr. Zimbardo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment