Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Yet Another Update

For my planned post on disability, I hope to apply a disability analysis to characters from various anime shows. (I could in the future use a wider pool of characters, but that's all for now because that's where my experience mainly rests.)  I realize that such a post would be quite long, especially if I plan to take my current definition of disability and refining it.

Thus, I am splitting the post into two parts: one part that explores disability in itself and draws from academic sources. The systems analysis of disability posts are pertinent to this first part. In writing this post I hope to impress upon the reader that our societal attitudes are demonstrated in art, a focus on this blog. My Princess Mononoke analysis is relevant to the second part of the post, which focuses on applying a disability analysis to several different shows and characters. I am not quite sure how I will structure that quite yet. 

This "second" part will be further subdivided into posts concerning the characters individually. In no particular order: 1. Nagisa from Clannad: After Story, 2. Shun from From the New World, 3. Mai from Kanon, 4. Akihito from Kyoukai no Kanata, 5. Mirai from Kyoukai no Kanata, 6. Numachi from Hanamonogatari, and 7. Michiru from Le Fruit de Grisaia.

I may be able to write other things but for now this is my priority for Nighttrail.

Lastly, I intend to revive the song recommendations at the request of a friend. I will do two songs every week (that's the plan) but these songs will have longer descriptions than what I have previously done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment