Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Updates on my Resolutions (so you can see that I'm not slacking)

As the astute reader might be able to tell, I am making efforts to post more on my blog - in fact, this is my third post in two days, so maybe I am actually capable of keeping my blog moving.

Firstly, anime:
A ratio of 64.8%, completed 273 anime, leaving 27 left. On top of that, I still need to see Kara no Kyoukai movie 7 and complete LOTGH. In the anime front, I am doing well and will likely need to revise the pertinent resolutions to challenge myself.

Secondly, VNs and manga:
I read Analogue A Hate Story which was quite good; along with Higurashi volume 2, I am up to 2/3 short VNs read but 0/2 long VNs ( still working on Koichoco and Clannad).

The at-least-40 completion club: Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, My Little Monster, (working on Cardcaptor Sakura, ERASED, and Chobits)
The under-40 completion club: A Girl on the Shore, Galaxy Angel, Hotarubi no Mori e, (remaining two to be determined)

I would like to catch up to Magi, Noragami, Ao no Exorcist, Kamisama Kiss, and March Comes In Like A Lion.

Thirdly, books:
I have read Spice and Wolf LNs 2 and 3, but I have made no progress with Infinite Jest.

Fourthly, my short story:
I am on track for the story to reach around 15 pages, and I anticipate more annoying Justin.

Fifthly, graduate school and Toasmasters:
I have received a few offers of admission from graduate programs, but I am still waiting to hear back on my international fellowship. So I'll see but I am glad that I have made progress this round.

Toastmasters is going fine, but I'll see how well my speech on March 14th goes. I may even change this resolution.

Lastly, my friend:
I have still not forgotten about this friend nor do I plan on it; near the end of this month, I will try to establish contact.

From what I can tell, these resolutions are clearly underway and many of them may need to be revised - I would rather be underambitious with them than arrogant, and it seems to be working, as this is the most coherent set of resolutions created during my lifetime. One other accomplishment I would like to note but was not made a specific goal: I completed the edx class on the R programming language, meaning that I have some level of knowledge of coding asides from the SQL and MATLAB. So hurray me! Even as life post-graduation gets dreary, I can still make progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment