Friday, December 14, 2018

12 Days of Anime: Day 1

Participating in 12 days of anime was not much of a premeditated choice. But as an apparent Aniblogger, I realized this became my lifeblood. What else could I ask? All taht remained was to tweet about Monogatari, Evangelion, and some other classics. I definitely knew this was going down!

Hold the accusation of liar -- here I Come clean, and admit I am new to this 12 days thing. ((For 12 days of anime, I will write about anime once a day for 12 days,....roughly.) It is a 91days prequel. But instead of Prohibition era shenanigans, I will try to review my thoughts on anime emotionally and intellectually. This is grounds to experiment with previously unexplored domains and to pen the "epic owns" I have had brewing for a while. In some ways, unabashed quick-writes of articles I want to write. In some ways, self-exploration. Hopefully this journey proves fruitful for both I and my dear viewers.


For this, I have assembled as rough list of topics (strikethroughs added later on):
1. An introductory post talking about my aims for 12 Days of Anime (this one).
2. On Darlifra and disability representation
3. On Liz and the Blue Bird and Gait
4. Feminist disability studies and Zombieland Saga
5. On Revue Starlight's First Episode
6. Race and Anime, an Overview
7. That new Furuba anime
8. [Wildcard]
9. [Wildcard]
10. Koe no Katachi: my favorite film
11. Shigatsu #5: a Personal and Technical reflection
12. Concluding post, and what's next

Wait a moment,Zeldaru! WHere is the earnest self-own (self-reflection)? Well...supposedly....this is a good time to bring this up. Here the intellectual and emotional are intended to meld as yin and yang. Emotions are part of the intellectual package and vice versa. Even the most 'scientific' thing is not divorced from this reality.

Specifically, I recall my Masamune-kun post  delving into a rather intimate territory, even though it originated as an episode analysis. There's no easy way to go from formalism( that objective nonsense we pretend applies in order to let us do analysis) and reader response (where we talk about our feelings, but run the risk of ignoring the work in front of us). There might be a beautiful intersection somewhere in there. Maybe from these 12 days I can understand this possibility.

Right now, I am simply equipped with the fact that objective is ornately obsolete and that we are socially guided beings situated in time and space. If you complain that this makes no sense, then check in at the end of this. I'm sure you'll still feel the same.

Shout out to Barty for peer pressuring me into doing 12 Days of Anime.

No comments:

Post a Comment