Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Pondering about Resolutions

On December 31st of last year I resolved to :

" 1) Try to restore friendship with that person
2) Write 1 "full" blog post a month - an actually researched post that's more than 3 pages long - and two short posts a week
3) Complete at least 300 anime on MAL, with a ratio of at least 65% TV
4) Try to actually finish the story I'm working on
5) Annoy Justin to tears
6) Get into grad school/rough equivalent (such as Fulbright)
7) Read at least 2 long VNs (20hrs+)
8) Finish at least 2 mangas (that are 7-12 volumes in length), so including One Week Friends
9) Finish Shirobako tomorrow"

The latter two are no longer applicable - I finished Shirobako on January 1st, One Week Friends manga recently, and Your Lie in April manga yesterday.  But I feel this resolutions were a bit too broad or lax or poorly worded in some ways.

In place, I propose  to:
1) Reach closure with that friend; restore the friendship if possible
2) Write 1 "full" blog post a month that is at least 3 pages (including images); two short posts a week; at least one post per month must describe an airing show
3) Complete at least 300 anime on MAL, with a ratio of at least 65% TV (44 TV/64 total); Watching < 15; Dropped =0; On-hold < 10; Plan to Watch<125; Finish LOTGH; Watch Kara no Kyoukai movies
4) Read at least 2 long VNs (20hrs+; Clannad and Koichoco are both possibilities for this goal); complete 3 short VNs (Higurashi volume 2, which I finished today, counts towards this goal)
5) Complete a rough manuscript (30 pages+) of story; annoy Justin
6) Improve public speaking skills by attending Toastmasters 3 times each month; perform at least 3 prepared speeches
7) Put my best efforts towards going to graduate school or pursuing Fulbright/Whitaker
8) Finish reading Infinite Jest; read at least other 2 books that I own (but have not read)
9) Read 1 manga by Inio Asano; read and catch up to March Comes In Like A Lion by Chica Umino; complete 5 manga (interval starts today) that are at least 40 chapters; complete 5 manga that are less than 40 chapters; stay caught up with ongoing manga.



These goals are generally more specific but also help me fill up my time better and avoid being  bored. A lot of these resolutions are based off the momentum of 2015, which makes me want to do better.

Because I did two of "these" kinds of posts in a row, I guess I'll have to come up with something exciting for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment