Monday, January 12, 2015

Prince of Gamelandia

"Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door,"
I deftly write in a notebook.

"My one true love,
the one who is always there for me,
discounting my two companions."

The wolf I am forgetting too
but I can only say so much in one poem.

I am not yet done
but I call this Over the Sole Favorites,
for I shall spend my time perpetually editing it.

Perhaps the wolf is right,
so I must rein in the Dragon,
and stop his shenanigans amongst the rivers and streams.

As he comes into view,
again he has entered an alternate dimension,
far from my jurisdiction.

Or a video game-
probably a video game.

But How do I follow the wolf's counsel
and reclaim my relationship with the dragon?

Henceforth:
I tie him to a stake during the day
and have him do my bidding;
No more rivers,
and no more streams;
His wings will be tethered to the ground,
his feet and arms like that too,
and he will be stuck.

My problems then vanish like water evaporating -
the wolf's counsel has been fulfilled
and I can train the dragon properly this time.

This time he will be focused and serpentine,
not clumsy and half-hearted;
and a ray of light penetrates the dark rain clouds of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment