Friday, February 13, 2015

The Lack of Posts Lately

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry that I have stopped posting lately. I hope to get my post up tomorrow! It'll be nice and long to make up for the delay! My week has just been rather busy, so I ran out of time for writing the post. I would like to write this post on Sakuya and to write a post about Akane in order to tie together all of the themes in Rewrite I have noticed. I also hope to post my Nausicaa essay as well in order to supplement themes of environmentalism. These themes concerning environmentalism, humanity, love, gender, and ability  are ones that I hope to discuss in great detail when I write a full-length reflection on Rewrite as a whole. Thus, there are many loose ends I would like to close up before I work on this gargantuan post. I hope to then consolidate many of the themes I have discussed in this blog with new posts. At the same time, I am trying to urge artistic growth.

The Sakuya post is my first attempt at analyzing the idea of family and it stems logically from my Sachi post, where I briefly discussed motherhood. I would like to discuss these ideas in greater detail in the future. In this process, I am learning far beyond my comfort zone, which is, for those who are unaware, individualistic feminism and disability studies.

At the same time, I want to discuss ideas that extend beyond an alignment with a particular social justice analysis. I would also like to return to writing about pedagogy - so far, only my Learning Guide and my Non Non Biyori post have addressed pedagogy and media. To remedy this situation, I will hopefully post my Michiru Essay, which is in reality more like a life lesson on ability delivered by Ms. Twintails herself.

There are still more ideas I would like to mention. I hope to draw on the many articles I gathered after my Disney class and describe my findings because anime and Disney films have many parallels as a result of using animation. Animation relies on a LACK of realism,  which creates many interesting vantages for perspective.

Finally, I think that I need to try my hand at writing reviews (once I figure out my headphones issue) and spend  more time thinking analytically about music. I focus far too often on anime alone, which I feel is a weakness of this blog.

But do expect more writing about disability studies, feminism, and/or biomedical ethics.

No comments:

Post a Comment